A product of Free Writing


Day 3 of my writing challenge. Prompt - Learn to Free Write


What is Free Writing? 


Free writing is a prewriting technique in which a person writes continuously for a set period of time without regard to spelling, grammar, or topic. It produces raw, often unusable material, but helps writers overcome blocks of apathy and self-criticism. It is used mainly by prose writers and writing teachers.  Some writers use the technique to collect initial thoughts and ideas on a topic, often as a preliminary to formal writing. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_writing)

A product of Free Writing

Back in October I just decided to write for Writehere.com. I didn’t think of anything , all I want is to write.

The first topic I have written was “The Power of BeingFinancially Stable” I was not an expert in financial matters I just thought it is a very important aspect  to have a better life. So I wrote it without thinking of any criticisms I will get from people who will read it.

When I write, I don’t just write I felt I needed to edit but I guess today I will follow the prompt of the day although I can’t help myself but erase, edit, but this time I guess I need to let go.

Today I wanted to do some editing with the first 3 topics I’ve written for the past 3 days. My plan is to publish it today but I am scheduled to work on my regular job this afternoon so I will probably do it later  if I am not too tired.

As usual, I woke up early for my daughter but she has a headache so she didn’t go to school.  I went back to bed to hopefully get enough sleep since I went last night at past 12midnight and woke up this morning at 6:30am.  Unfortunately, my mind was already busy with what I want to do so I just went downstairs after uttering a prayer.

The first thing I did was to drink my warm lemon water and 3 glasses of water. I have been doing this for 2 years now, it became a habit and a morning routine. It has good benefits like cleansing the body system and also helps in losing weight, the only disadvantage is that I need to go to the toilet more often.

Then I connect the laptop to the television to do the day 4 of my weight loss challenge. It was a kickboxing for more than 30 minutes and I tell you it was one heck of a workout.

I have been trying to lose weight since November 2012 and tried a few weight loss programs which benefited me as I lost 10 kilos since then.

I joined the challenge to test myself if I can do it  and just like this writing challenge, I am happy that so far I’ve been doing the 2 challenges  without fail.

Since I started writing in October last year I removed all the feelings of fear. I let go of any doubt. I know that I will be opening up myself to the public and hopefully my writings will be well read and accepted.  

So far I have published 8 topics, the first one was mentioned above.

The second one was “The Joy and Pain of Being a mother” which is a story of my dearest mother and what she went through likewise what I and a lot of people can learn from loss of a love one. 

Then the 3rd  and 4th blog was a 2 part story titled “Some good things never really last” which was about a very dear friend who genuinely loved and lost and how she overcame it.

The 4th one was “Praying unceasingly in the Midst of Crisis” which I wrote when Haiyan storm hit the Philippines. 

The 6th  7th and 8th  was a trilogy of  Is there life after teaching” which is basically  about my life as a nurse educator and what I have learned from it. 

All of the above was written within 3 months, not bad but not that good either, I should have written more. The only consolation I tell myself is that I was able to start writing which is one of the most important things I want to build and get better at.

Now that I’ve decided to join this challenge “My 500 words” I promised to finish and produce a topic every day for 31 days with 500 words or more. 

Would you like to try free writing?  I encourage you to do it.  It will open up new opportunities that you once thought you are not capable of doing. You will be thankful you did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drie Tips om je geest gerust te stellen!

A Friend's Mysterious Tale

How often should you get a massage?