I am your Fate, You are my Destiny


Day 5 of my writing challenge. Prompt - Write about the most important day in your life.

If I will be ask to write about the most important day of my life, my answer would be there’s not one but many. But for the sake of this challenge, I will let you ride with me to a journey of happiness, tears and joy. The day when I got married was one of the most important days in my life. And I will share with you why and how it turned out to be one of the happiest too.

I am your Fate, You are my Destiny
(A three part Love Story)

The Beginning

Our love story can be considered a love affair in the modern days. We’ve met online just like so many of the married couples and couples living together nowadays.

It’s also something a lot of people, old and adults are doing in the present times in order to find a girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife, a companion or just someone to be with either temporarily or permanently.

And there are numerous recorded history of beautiful love stories or sadly, the opposite.

I decided to try my luck finding the man I want to be with for the rest of my life after a few failed relationships. It left me with two beautiful children Justin and Isabel.

I was happy being a single mom. My children are giving me that kind of joy and happiness which can’t be given by any other person but them. They are my inspiration. They are the fuel that drives me to do my best in everything I do.

After my last relationship, I decided that the next one will be something permanent and lasting, but is there such a thing? I wonder....

It was March 13, 2007 when I received the first email from a certain Ton Raijmakers. I answered it, gave my email address and the rest is history. It was a start of a beautiful love story. 


 Excerpts from one of the first sent emails…..

Mar 22, 2007


Hello Arline,


thanks for the mail and what you tell about you. I find you a very attractive woman, very beautiful. Yes Ton is my real name. Let me first tell a bit about myself for introduction: My name is Ton and I live in a very small village called Mook. This is in the south east of the Netherlands close to the German border. A nearby big city is called Nijmegen. ………………………………………


Hope to hear more about you soon and I would love to see some recent pictures if possible.


Kisses,

Ton


I was then working as a nurse educator at Colegio de San Juan de Letran. I was always busy with my work and after that just spending the rest of my time or weekends to be with my children

It was either just staying home watching a DVD marathon or going out to eat or just stroll around the mall or park. So after an email or 2, I stopped writing.

He sent me a very short email saying:

Apr 2, 2007


Hi beautiful,


Is something wrong, don't you want to talk to me anymore?

  
Kisses

Ton

I was and still am a very nice person :) so I emailed back. That was the start, the exchange of emails became regular.

A glimpse

We saw each other for the first time online in one of the internet cafes in Cavite. 

I was with a friend Neva, also a nurse educator at the Colegio and we were following up 3rd year nursing students who were having their affiliations at a Mental Institution in Cavite. It was the day of my birthday.

The first phone call

The first telephone call I had from him was in the evening of my birthday. 

We talked for almost an hour, as if we already knew each other for a long time. 

After that it became regular and longer phone calls.

He was even calling me while having our classes (of course he didn’t know that) and I have to excuse myself from my students to tell him to call me later.

The students were teasing me, they were happy for me and I was beginning to like him already.

He wanted to go to the Philippines and meet me in May 2007. I wasn’t ready yet, I wanted to lose some weight (although I was not that fat) so I said to him to come in October. 

He was so insistent, I was so determined, it was my final decision. But not his....

The first “I love you” (excerpts)

May 1, 2007


My beautiful darling!!


So my sweetheart, I hope we soon will know for sure that we have a great future together because I think i love you.


 Kisses

Ton


Ton (30-5-2007 16:17:38): Remember that from may 1, 2007 our hearts started beating together and will only stop doing this if one of us leaves this earth. (part of our YM conversations)

The feelings were mutual. We felt the love, we were in love. He was calling me almost every day and we were talking at YM literally 24/7.

To be continued..... 

Part II -  http://arlineraijmakers.blogspot.nl/2014/02/my-500-words-31-day-writing-challenge_15.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drie Tips om je geest gerust te stellen!

A Friend's Mysterious Tale

How often should you get a massage?